At Acerta, our mission is to bring predictable quality to the manufacturing plants.
Acerta’s engineering team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for an engineering manager to sustain the growth. Our engineers are smart, passionate, and love solving difficult challenges. They look to their managers for process improvements, teamwork efficiency, organizational transparency, career development, mentorship, and honest feedback.
Acerta is building Machine Learning platform tailored for automotive manufacturing industry to deploy our industry-specific algorithms to help the production line engineers be more aware of longer-term product quality.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering manager with a track record of having led and scaled teams to solve hard business problems using modern ML technology in manufacturing or automotive industry.
- Lead a team of talented engineers who build and ship code that solve complex engineering problems
- Mentor and guide team members on professional and technical excellence, career development
- Match team members and projects based on their skill levels, work styles, and professional goals
- Provide continuous feedback, encourage positive contributions, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths of your team members
- Improve Agile practice, function as or support Scrum Master(s), collaborate with Product Owner, refine user story backlog, lead and actively participate in scrum ceremonies
- Strengthen DevOps, MLOps culture, Lead Cloud-Native software design with CI/CD and data pipeline as integral part of software development
- Take ownership of on-time-delivery of quality code and improvement plans after sprint retro
- Evaluate, recommend, and adopt new technology, framework and architecture innovations, sustain long-term competitive advantages
- Create and execute plans for prioritizing technical challenges that delivers most business value by optimally deploy resources
- Maintain a balance between long term strategic strength and building sustainable, high-impact projects that can ship small & ship often
- Build collaborative, inclusive, and respectful culture within and across teams
- Cultivate a culture of accountability, continuous improvement, and technical excellence
- Collaborate cross functionally to prioritize backlog that enables Organizational success
- Work closely with the recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds
- Strong technical background in Machine Learning and SaaS software product lifecycle, Python, React.js, SQL, TensorFlow, Keras, Kubernetes, Streaming data processing (Kafka, MQTT, etc.)
- Being able and willing to roll-up-the-sleeve and help the team when needed
- Competency in technical architecture planning and design for Machine Learning products in Enterprise software business.
- Experience in shipping, upgrading, continuously deploying highly available Cloud Native software product
- 3+ years of people management experience, building tech teams and managing engineers in an Scrum-centric environment
- Proven track record of improving On-time-delivery ability of the team
- Quality-obsessed, demonstrated experience in managing defect removal and quality improvement
- Experience in translate product vision to technical capabilities and architectural components that technical teams can execute
- Ability to lead and guide teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work to meet market and customer needs
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, and ability to instill such in your team
- Handle stress well
- This role will be reporting to the CTO
- This role will have software engineers, senior software engineers and staff software engineers reporting into them